Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think One Reference Might Be

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on May 6, 2003 02:21:07 UTC

Hi Paul,

Good to hear from you. I hope life is treating you well.

In Dick's last post he responded to one of my options (option F) that his paper is intended to solve:

H: F) It captures assumptions that are actually true of absolute reality, and therefore all scientific results mirror what must be true of absolute reality. D: That is exactly what all the scientists think they are doing. Without ever even thinking about how they would be able to capture these assumptions to begin with.

Notice that Dick doesn't dispute that his paper is about absolute reality. On the contrary, he seems to be contrasting his paper with regular science by saying that science is doing it so why can't he? If that is a correct interpretation (and I'm convinced that Dick opposes any 'valid' interpretation of his work so he would always argue counter to such a claim), then Bruce's assertion would appear to be a correct one.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins