Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Talking About Truth

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on May 7, 2003 12:24:03 UTC

The best truth we have are what people say in print. The fact that they said it is true, provided the remarks are not edited by some other person.

Mike has claimed that his posts, compiled in my book on him and partially posted on this forum for all to read, have been altered by the webmaster John Huggins after I made contributions to the webmaster. His claim is untrue but it is true that Mike made that claim.

Those remarks by Mike were reported to the webmaster and since then I have noticed that Mike no longer claims his posts have been altered.

For example, I recently entitled a post "Your ADHD is showing" and then copied over an early post by Mike where he admitted being ADHD. Mike did not claim his post was altered in his response. So I can assume that the webmaster has been in contact with Mike regarding the issue of truth in this forum. Truth is not what we talk about, it is the talk itself. The fact that we said all these things is true and communicable.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins