Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Does That Mean That God Exists, But Not Good Or Evil?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on April 28, 2003 06:20:50 UTC

Hello Tim,

I: "If God was not on Hitler's side, then why would (S)He let him kill all the Jewish people he did?"

You (Tim): "it is apparent Phillip that God doesn't take sides but it is also apparent that the universe which would be by definition of God is constructed in such a way that consequences exist for acts of evil as well as acts that are good."

If God doesn't take sides, what about heaven and hell? Right and wrong? How do we know what is good or evil? What good is an evil that goes unpunished? We made up our right and wrong, who (what) is to say that we are right? Are we not just going about on our own personal vandettas, using power that isn't ours? ...by punishing someone for something that we say is wrong, although God, the Almighty, has not hindered their progress? I ask you, what right do we have to punish others without God's will? Is it not in our (human kind's) "The Ten Commandments", sent down from the heavens, "Thou Shalt NOT Kill"? If Hitler Kills, and, therefore, sins, are we (those against Hitler's regime) not sinning when we go to war, killing many (ours and hitler's), to stop him? I think the question is "Which is the greater sin?" and not "which is good, and which is evil?" That is not to say that I am against war. I am very much for it, and anything else helping the betterment of soceity in general.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins