Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I've Asked Myself That Same Exact Question

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on April 29, 2003 04:13:33 UTC

from your title sir:
"does that mean that God exists, but not good or evil?"

i wish to not corrupt anyone with my ideas, only offer them as my own opinion or another point of view, i freely admitt there may or may not be errors in what i say.

i once believed that only God really exists and that evil was but an illusion. but now i believe that God exists and that the universe exists.
God is perfect, the universe imperfect. what evil is, is the illusion that imperfection is perfect.

what right is, is our realization of perfection, and wrong is our realization that something is not perfect.
the question of heaven & hell is not falsefiable, it is an idea of mankind. i would say that they probably do exist, especially if there is any validity to the many universe interpretation of quantum mechanics.

you present the question of whether we have the right to punish others with out God's will. but before you asked what good is an evil that goes unpunished. i can't see any reason why God would punish any act of evil since it is evident that the universe is quite capable of dealing with acts of evil. i would say, men should not punish others. that would not however preclude men from doing what needs to be done to stop acts of evil.

regards tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins