Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hmmm...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on April 20, 2003 15:25:13 UTC

Mike,

It seemed like she was attempting to make a legitimate post. Helen was not satisfied with answers given and she booked.

1. Do you think the answers given to her were related to her question?

2. Maybe she should have posted the same question in other 'rooms' of this forum if she was looking for an astronomers opinion, or simply put at the bottom of her post "looking for an astronomer's perspective" etc.

3. She did have the option to 'not reply to posts' that were 'not to her liking'.

4. She could have extended a bit more patience to see if others would reply to her thread. It takes a few days (sometimes a week) for most people to see the latest content.

As far as the 'Spam & Run', well, there is nothing you can do. Remember "Spam Happens".

But, I ask, why should a person stay if they don't like the forum they are conversing in? It is their choice. As it is your choice to answer or not to answer. Right?

Remember, I stated that I would not reply to certain content if it included derogatory comments about others. Of course, I have NOT adhered to that 100%, but in those extreem few cases I was simply fed up. But, after a very short time I bounce back and 'return to the game'.

I attempted to write Helen and asked her to give it a few more days to see if others would respond to what she wrote. Her mail got bounced back by the receiving system and she did not get that message.

This forum, from time to time, engages in some of the most intelligent conversations. And other times, all of us at one point or another, have a tendency to go 'left' instead of 'right'. This forum has it's seasons. There are months when it is dry, and long stretches of intelligent percipitation. Right now, I see a drought.

On with the show.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins