Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Semantics Are So Fun

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on April 6, 2003 02:47:43 UTC

Hey, Aurino. I hesitate to say "welcome back," is this just a visit?

I think that perhaps you delve too deeply into the semantics behind the quest for "reality." Whereas it is true that reality is not real (in cart-before-horse fashion), I personally find most people search for "reality," though semantically flawed perhaps, to deal more with the question "what is real?" (that is, to what objects and models can we assign the adjective "real," and why must we exclude some?) than it does with treating reality as an entity in its own right, somehow independent of the objects we call real.

"What is Real?" is an infinitely more interesting question than "What is Reality?" since the second question can be answered readily, without philosophical mumbo-jumbo (though philosophers would disagree)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins