Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I See Irony

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Joe Antognini on March 25, 2003 07:46:56 UTC

I don't think you see the irony in your fifth statement. You say that "It is a matter of freedom of speech..." when you don't even realize that the Iraqi citizens don't have freedom of speech. A very poor argument on your part. If you feel that freedom of speech is so important, then why do you support Saddam? I feel that freedom of expression is a human right, and Saddam is clearly violating it.

You take advantage of the fact that you have freedom of speech, yet this freedom doesn't seem to apply to anyone else in the world. What happened to the great Enlightenment thinkers- Voltaire, Locke, Montesquieu? I suppose now that we have what we want, we can let the fascist pigs take over the rest of the world. No point in looking at the world around us. I suppose there's no point in looking at what the future might hold.

What you don't seem to understand is that when Saddam is toppled, the other fascist dictators won't be so cocky supporting terrorism. Once they realize what the U.S. can do to them, they will be scared. They will be complient. Toppling Saddam is another step towards world democracy, and thus, peace. Remember, we are not trying to destroy Iraq, but Saddam. You may have five easily deniable truths about the war, but there are millions of other truths about the war that are impossible to deny.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins