Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Say You See Inside My Mind -- How Offensively Patronizi

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on March 25, 2003 14:30:56 UTC

Joe writes:
"I don't think you see the irony in your fifth statement. You say that "It is a matter of freedom of speech..." when you don't even realize that the Iraqi citizens don't have freedom of speech."

Please tell me how you know what I realize and what I do not. Also, please explain how we are supposed to use our freedom of speech if not to communicate information which your popular electronic media has hardly mentioned or not honestly explained.
Be sure, such things are being written in
highly-respected mainstream press.
Joe, I don't have a lack of understanding
in this area. I don't know whether you have a lack of knowledge.

I want our armed forces to fight just wars when necessary and our people to be returned home safely in succuss. But there are reasons to question the wisdom of this particular episode in our history. Americans who use their freedom of speech may be even more concerned than you with the problems of making the world a good place.
A few of points you make are good beginnings, but you are not putting into practice the genius-level thinking of Voltaire or Locke, which is ironic after citing them.
You made no case at all for expending the vast resources of a land war effort in Iraq as opposed to all the other ways we can spend the same resources.
I don't know what level of education and experience you have in this area, but the information you "divulged" is not management-level information.
It is, instead, party-line simple-answer
information for brow-beating the public into
supporting the war. Some Americans will continue to think anyway, despite your contempt for them. They will even read long articles in magazines and newspapers which provide the hard facts about the world's problems -- which helps
a person come up with something to say when using their freedom of speech. And you can be sure that such things are being written.

I notice our president said he read only one book in obtaining his undergraduate degree, and
admitted that during that period, he drank heavily instead of studying. Then
he obtained a master's degree in business administration. I am not leaving it all up to him.
How much indepth reading have you done?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins