Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Well From The Roman Lesson..

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Murat Bilginer on February 25, 2003 15:05:50 UTC

at least i believe it was the romans, true power doesnt come from waving at your followers and telling them who you are. the roman empire supposedly controlled much of their land without claiming sovereign control, yet they controlled trade and money so in essence, if man is predictable, that is control but with out the obvious source of control being evident.

england did that with the "colonies" even after the revolution, they influenced the value of the dollar and in essence controlled the directions the society took. if you got the fire, you do the cooking. in india an english company called the east indies trading company or something similar, had struck a deal with the king of mughrad, then the company claimed a grievance with the king and asked the queen to send an army, they defeated the mughrad, but never dethroned him. the deal was that he stay in "power" over his followers, but he was answerable to the the english company.
we both know that nobody, especially those that go around taking over land, just "gives" it back unconditionally. the wizard is behind the curtain, true power over peope can only be achieved when access to the knowledge of it by the people, is limited. hence lawyers and accontants and their wonderful magical ways of wordsmithing. like i said, the middle east has been under seige since the dawn of "civilization" kings are propped up and cut down always leaving the area destabilized, shaking the tree of sorts. everyone involved has a part in it. ancient history is a lesson, otherwise the bible is useless as is history. but it is through that human history that one may understand humanity's tendencies. you say anglo and arab nations, i say anglo and arab leaders. alpha males for the 21st century. but if you really believe that the arabs are bent on world domination and control then thats fine. it would seem to me by the way they live, they just want to be left alone for once instead of traded like human coinage so some sheik can get on tv. people have hateand people have love.

i dont know if youve seen whats on tv and tabloids lately(and believe me i understand teh tremendous power of mass media), but there are so many televangelists preching endtimes prophecies plugging in the notions muslims vs jewsand christians, with huge flags waving in the background and talking about isreal and how the jews must have their land and must be secure if the world is to see the messiah and there are all different versions of that same message. asking for money for the missionaries to convert muslim africans to christians, there are these guys mumbling in gibberish as if god is channeling thru them, then saying things like "bob... god sees you watching this and he wants youto send a vow of a $1000 and he promises he will bless you" and god wants this for ameriica and god wants that. god is an american not an arab (i guess they mean jesus). they even invited mr. t wearing his combat boots pumping his fist in the air and ranting angrily about how, america needs to go into the middle east and do the lord's work. there are gangsta rappers preaching, the 700 club's pat robertson is going on how "muslims" want to kill americans and theyre devil worshippers and they hate freedom. idont know about you, maybe youre very consumed with your research and i respect that, but the fact of the matter is this stuff is being pumped in thru the tube all day and all night (i dont really sleep) and let me tell you, it costs BIG money to have one hour on the tv, either theyre actually gettin enough money from viewers or its being paid for by someone else, and to be honest i dont know which is scarier.

sorry its just very coincidental that england set up the treaty to open palestine to mass immigration and then they and the u.s. weaponized the jews to take over, there are hundreds of nukes and subs with nuke and planes and tanks and bullets and missiles, the us has officially given over 100 billion dollars to israel over the past 20 years, the us and england are the only nations in the world not to condemn israel for its actions against the palestinians, the u.n has imposed many "resolutions" that were simply ignored. it doesnt seem to me that the british-israelite movement is ancient history. but if you believe that all this is for the good of the world what can i say? who knows maybe jesus will actually come, show his american passport at customs and say good jobs guys, and start rapping scripture on stage and mumbling "bob... cmon now, idont remember getting your 1000 bux..." silliness

peace

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins