Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Could Make The Same Claim For The Anglos

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 24, 2003 22:47:22 UTC

The religion of Jesus is inherently a religion of peace. No where else in any scripture that I know of does it say to love your enemy. Not even the quran.So you cannot blame the religion of the anglos for what they did to the middle east or any other place.

But they did colonize the middle east.

And the Muslims did conquer India and try to convert all Hindus to Islam. It does not matter that the quran does not allow it.

At one point Islam through its aggression controlled more of the world than any other religious group ever. But then it became a fundamentalist religion and gave up doing science and math and finally as a result of that fundamentalism, became so backward that tiny Englands could conquer almost all of Islam.

So bottomline line, when Islam was strong, it was just as bad and as good as any other powerful force.

Moreover, Islam is responsible for its own downfall. You do not have the right to blame anyone else. God even gave you all that oil after the anglos left, and still most of your countries are underdeveloped.

Please excuse me if I argue strongly. I have no personal animosity. It's just how I see the world.

Peace,

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins