Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Dont Understand Much Of It But I Have A Question

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Murat Bilginer on February 24, 2003 17:33:51 UTC

i remember hearing that the popular belief that the universe was expanded by an explosion and is now contracting was disproven by some hubble theory. well at least the contracting part(big crunch) something about the color of light from distant galaxies and the redness of it. i understood this as to mean:
subject to earth as the point of perspective, coordinate a is closest to earth, b the next closest and c the furthest. the universe was acceleration, though not uniformly but an increasing speed as say that coordinate a is moving x- rate from earth, b is moving and x[f(x)] and c is x[f(x)]2. that each coordinate further was moving faster away. i figured (and please dont roll your eyes or laugh to maniacly, i dont have any formal training any kind of physics outside of junior year in highschool) that for the big explosion to take place, then there and actually accelerate expansion, then we would have to still be in a state of the explosion where a tremendous amount of heat and very little opportunity for concialatory processes to take place among gases let alone solids. (i used to play with firecrackers alot as a kid) well i tohught for a while and this hit me and i liked it.

take a knapkin and place it on a table to represent a two dimensional section of universe.

pinch and twist into "balls" in a linear pattern and equally spaced 3 such pinched "balls"
(these balls represent matter from space)

now grab one corner that lines up with the tract of "balls" and make it the stationary position as a reference point and pull the opposite corner, along that tract of "balls" and the travel of the balls mimick the travel of the coordinate a, b, c.

its almost as if matter is twisted up space and the expansion of space is more the melting of matter. this, in my mind, accounted for the communication of non-material that i could never reconcile, like gravity and how the closer you are to a body the greater its gravity on you. i never understood how one thing could communicate with another through emptiness, without a medium and why exactly that relationship sohuld change with proximity. this idea seemed to me that as opposed to catasttrophic shifts in existence that, states of space are more likely shifting gradually for the majority, like melting. as thats how i referred to this idea that matter melts into, or unravels into space and its progressive. the idea that once total space is achieved as a uniform entity, it will shift into something else, on its way to another unity, or maybe not.
my question is, is this idea at all supported by what ive read, because when i saw that folding thing and mentions of unraveling, it reminded me of that idea. thank you

and peace

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins