Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Heres The Thing Again It Should Thru...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Murat Bilginer on February 25, 2003 13:39:49 UTC

ok. i was actually looking at the "rate" of expansion as a constant, not something that dissipates, like heat or an explosion. i wasnt thinking of the the twist of ball as to connote the amount of energy in it, the "twisting" action was just to be able to make lil 3d "balls" from the 2d knapkin to illustrate the metaphor. i was more thinking that maybe there is no "true" cyclical nature to anyTHING in the universe. the first time that had occurred to me was when i heard that pi is a number that hasnt been proven to be absolute, it seems to be going on forver. if that was the case i figured then maybe its not the constant of a circle, but of a spiral, the idea of constant perfecting change. its a super tight spiral that may "seem" to cycle perfectly but because of the degradation properties of matter, matter can never be perfect. and later i figured that maybe space was never the same, like that anecdote that you can never step into the same river twice... but something had to be constant to bind action, then i figured, hey maybe theres constant change. thats where i think the idea of afterlife comes in, its the life after this one, this moment right here. the quran uses the example of resurrecting each morning, waking up to your new self. youre never the same person twice so youre always changing, but you remember "being yourself" before. you're "perfecting" as per lord's will/law, your soul is the direction of the change given to you by the lord, the universe. this is the lords essence, the perfection, the constant change that is why there is eternity. change is eternity, a "so dont be afraid of future or dying, youre doing it right now and its not so bad as long as you keep cool" kind of sensibility. so i figured if matter is made of energy and matter seemed semi cyclical (never ever achieving the same point in time/space) then maybe matter/energy degrades at a constant rate (turns back into space) and since interacting particles are degrading at the same rate, then their interaction would be squared or cubed or whatever function of the number of particles that are interacting. and within each particle the same situation and so on. so if the degradation,or unraveling is constant, and matter does turn into space, then based on the relative orientation of particles/matter who are not interacting through gravity(coming together), but expansion, then each successive thing would seem to be racing away from the relative point of reference faster and faster... damn im scared but im gonna try this again. for some reason the "" keys dont show up when i post..
ill use L and R to connote left and right directions of movement of the expansion,
each letter corresponds with one unit of space/measure of distance travelled
coordinate (A) is your perspective
(B) and (C) and (D) are successively further away from (A) in space
the rate of expansion from each coordinate is 2 units (of space) per moment in time
note that lil bit of matter is made from a whole lotta space, in other words, each coordinate is shrinking but at a rate, a fraction of the creation of space. so dont worry about that.

the first one is the first moment of expansion time
the one underneath is the second moment and so on

(A)RRLL(B)RRLL(C)RRLL(D)

(A)RRRRLLLL(B)RRRRLLLL(C)RRRRLLLL(D)

(A)RRRRRRLLLLLL(B)RRRRRRLLLLLL(C)RRRRRRLLLLLL(D)

of course (A) is also expanding to its left, but it is a point of reference so its not evident.

and in a 3d universe it would expand in every direction and no matter which coordinate your perspective was from and which direction you looked towards, it would alway seem that background coordinates move faster away from you than the foreground coordinate because they themselves are "pushing out" space towards something that is pushing out space towards them to the Nth power, provided that degradation was constant. its almost like space is a waste produce of matter. matter is just going to the bathroom. hehe, well kinda anyway. not that im saying thats the way it works. or who knows maybe space is just growing between everything, otherwise i have no idea how if it wasnt somehow a function of matter. then so much for that whole oneness thing huh.

the waves in the in'net can be rough sometimes
peace

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins