Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Could Have Sworn That I Answered This One Already..

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Murat Bilginer on February 13, 2003 22:23:01 UTC

my guess is that i forgot to include the title so maybe it didnt go thru...

eitherway, does having emf's give them enough to be conscious?
im really not sure but as it seems to me consciousness is a function of situation. "im here" might necessarily be the first admission if one were to try and think of themselves. being "here" would require some sort of percievable "there". to take it a bit further, ifwe are a function of our environment then we must share a mutual level of interaction/communcation.

eversince thefirst moment of perception, we surely begin to retain ideas and build a sense of self. as our brains in the most primitive sense are a form of data storage, then processing. we are what we know, we know from experience, our circumstance/environment is an affecting factor of this experience and so on. if one were to enter a sensory deprivation chamber at this moment, he/she would almost certainly become aware of memories of "the past" that have changed who we are. we are shaped as a piece of clay between hands, or any object that affects it. these changes are forever a part of the process. you are what youve become.

i stub my toe on a rock, we are both moved. im moved to regret, profanity, pain and the knowledge that stubbing toes on rocks is not good idea. the rock is moved from here to there.

my overall position as a function of my previous circumstance has changed, and so has the rock in its own way, does is know this, of course as it is now different, does it care the way i do? i doubt it. each in our own way, is who we are, yet we are all bound by the same laws.

im gonna eat a hotdog now, regardless of what i know of them, hence my complexity. haha... peace bro

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins