Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hmmm...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on January 3, 2003 02:16:33 UTC

1. I don't think she was intimited because she just chooses to believe what is in the Bible and the age is not a hasty old idea since it isn't an idea any more than a driver license number is an idea. It is data not an idea. Thus untill we are sure what the length of a year is back then then

2. The problem with this is the word used for years is in no way related with the phases of the moon.

Also if you used the average number of moons per year to be 11 (I'm not sure, but I beleive this is the right number.) Then Methuselah would be about 88 years old, which is a nice solution unless you put it toward other ages such as Enoch, Methuselah's father, who lived till the age of 365 or "corrected" 33 years old. BUT! that would mean that Enoch would have been 6 years olds when Methuselah was born! So we can throw out the moon theory.

-Aaron

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins