Notice: session_start(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/astro/websites/astronomynet/htdocs/sitewide.php on line 4 I Demonstrated That It Is Scientifically Possible According To T - an Astronomy Net God & Science Forum Message
Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Demonstrated That It Is Scientifically Possible According To T

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 12, 2002 00:43:41 UTC

Ivan says:

"I demonstrated that it is scientifically possible according to the theories on Hypertime."

If you mean that the demonstration was in the above post, then I must differ with you. See below-

If you mean that you provided a scientific demostration elsewhere, please provide a reference for me.
------------------------------
The Quran says that God knows all outcomes. If so, then where are the prophecies from God in the Quran. Did God play it safe and not provide prophecies just because people like you would call them hearsay.

It follows from your statement that "scripture is hearsay", that the Quran is hearsay. I do believe that it is BLASPHEMY FOR A MUSLIM TO SAY THE QURAN IS HEARSAY.

Of course, I agree that all scripture is hearsay, including the Quran. That is why we cannot take it literally. But it is by and large the only evidence of the existence and pursuits of God.

If the Quran is not hearsay, then why do you think all other scripture is. The Quran does not say that. In fact, the Quran looks to Abraham as it's father and therefore Torah scripture cannot be hearsay in Islam. And the Quran speaks to much of the New and Old Testament, otherwise it would be called the ONLY testament, not the FINAL testament.
--------------------------------
Regarding hypertime, since the consensus in scientific circles are that this dimension is compactified, then there can be no sidewise movement in it, which disproves your so-called proof. I say so-called because your so-called scientific proof demonstrates the level of your scientific training.

What you do not seem to understand is that hypertime marches on just like regular time. There is a before and an after in hypertime, even though that time is compactified. So since there is a future in hypertime as well as regular time, God does not have the opportunity, at least in this theory, to look ahead in time.

Much of what can happen in the future is predictable using physical theory and mathematics. That is the non-choatic Lorentz invaraint portion of nature. That is what allows scientists and engineers to predict everything in technology. God has the same resources. But God gave us the opportunity to change the future by way of our individual choices. So God, confined by S/His own creation of time, cannot predict the future exactly.

If the Quran does not advocate free will and its consequences for man and God, then I have to say the the Quran is wrong. But my guess is that it is your interpretation of the Quran that is incorrect. My guess is that the Quran is consistent with all other scripture in dealing with the existence of free will. Please reference where the Quran says that man does not have free will.

There is much evidence, say in the covenants with man, that God does not know the future. God is saying that the future is a consequence of the actions of man in these covenants. That to me is proof that God gave up S/His knowledge of the future so that man could choose to obey God.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins