Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Are Right But For The Wrong Reason

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ivan on November 14, 2002 03:48:30 UTC

[QUOTE]
This is exactly my point. God knows all possible outcomes...
[/QUOTE]

Dear Yanniru, I only agree with the above half of your sentence. You admitted that The God knows all possible outcomes. This is NOT what you have been saying all along. Here is an example of what you said on one of your earlier posts:

[QUOTE]
The Quran says that God knows all outcomes. If so, then where are the prophecies from God in the Quran.
[/QUOTE]

If The God knows all the possible outcomes then The God is omnipotent. Here is what I was saying all along: We have free will AND The God is omnipotent. Those two facts are not mutually exclusive.

We already agree that we have free will and you just agreed with me that The God knows all possible outcomes (thus is omnipotent).

[QUOTE]
...and we collectively get to choose which outcome will actually happen.
[/QUOTE]

Here is an example to illustrate why we only choose which path to take, but not actual outcomes. A guy decides to drive while he is drunk (path a). He goes to his car and finds a flat tire. He gets mad and decides to call a taxi (path b). You see we have free will to decide which path to take, but not to choose the actual outcome that the path leads to.

Please consider this simple allegory. Each of us is on a tree and that tree’s branches intersect with other trees’ branches. Each of us is free to move up that tree. We have free will to decide which branch to take, but we have no control over the branches. So for example, we can’t go back and select a different branch if we don’t like what we find on that branch. The God, The Omnipotent, sees us, the whole tree, and the whole forest.

This simple allegory, demonstrates that we can have free will to choose which branch/path to take AND The God is omnipotent. I believe that this is a perfectly designed test. Here is what the purpose of the test could be:

“Did the people assume/suppose that they be left to say "We believed" and they are not being tested? And We had tested those who were before them, so The God will know those who were truthful, and He will know the liars/deniers/falsifiers.” Quran 29:2-3

“And The God will know those who believed, and He will know the hypocrites.” Quran 29:11

Thanks for your helpful comments.

Freemind.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins