Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It Stirs Things Up...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Nicholas on November 8, 2002 00:26:05 UTC

"With freedom and heterogeneity come many problems, but it is the resolution of these problems that yield great dividends"

Actually, I don't think that you even need to resolve the problems to achieve great dividends. American music benefitted greatly from the oppression of African Americans over the years and I think it's clear that this has been quite helpful in the success of American culture overseas. Not that I support oppression by any stretch of the imagination, but stirring things up in a culture can create fringe movements that benefit the mainstream in the long run. Perhaps Einstein's creativity was somehow related to the oppression he received as a German Jew. I don't know enough history or sociology to say for sure.

"I suspect that there are mathematical reasons why freedom and heterogeneity yield these results"

Perhaps, though it may be a very chaotic system. Human beings are notoriously difficult to describe mathematically. If we only had an equation to describe Mike, this forum might be a more pleasant place to be.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins