Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More Cliche' Opinions Ight From A Book? Can You Think?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on November 8, 2002 02:32:35 UTC

Nick wrote:
"Actually, I don't think that you even need to resolve the problems to achieve great dividends. American music benefitted greatly from the oppression of African Americans over the years and I think it's clear that this has been quite helpful in the success of American culture overseas."

Got to pay your dues if you want to sing the blues...nice point. The only one you made in this post. What I don't get from your theory is why the continent of Africa is not a musical powerhouse. There is a lot of sadness there.
Maybe we don't need oppression to create good music.

"not that I support oppression by any stretch of the imagination,"

Oh, I think you do. You are trying pretty hard to be oppressive to me, Nick, or whatever your name is.

Nick wrote:
"...but stirring things up in a culture can create fringe movements that benefit the mainstream in the long run. Perhaps Einstein's creativity was somehow related to the oppression he received as a German Jew. I don't know enough history or sociology to say for sure.

You sure don't do ya. But you haven't let that
hold you back, have you? Einstein's life is
a great mystery, and I can see why a graduate
student in astrophysics at Princeton would
weigh in with some spam about it while
making another nasty remark about Mike...
who has read several books about Dr.Einstein.

Nick wrote:
"Perhaps, though it may be a very chaotic system. Human beings are notoriously difficult to describe mathematically. If we only had an equation to describe Mike, this forum might be a more pleasant place to be."

I have an equation for Nick Bond.
Nick Bond = Ivy League STUDENT in ASTROPHYSICS(smile)

let me geuss..."pleasant" for Nick is when we say,"Nick is so smart...and he's right you know."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins