Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is Cloning Morally Ethical?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Phil O. Sofi/">Phil O. Sofi on January 12, 1999 11:44:11 UTC

I believe that it is, but should not be attempted on human beings until we have mastered the prosses. This belief is based upon my assumption that there are two ways in which we live on after death. The first naturally is genetically, our children are the physical aspect of our continuance. The second is how we affect those around us, generally the more contact with an individual, the more influence we have upon thier lives and the lives of whom they will affect, of course there are instances when an individual may affect many in very strong ways long into the future, I wonder if Jesus, Darwin, even Steven Hawkins realized or realize the dramatic influnce they have had and will have upon the daily lives of so many. Anyhow, The strongest influence you have is within you're children, both aspects are encomassed here, and how you percieve this is going to affect the nature of this infuence, so make it the best possible experiance. Of course to be cloned would be strange in that it would be a 99.9 percent genetic copy of yourself from the time of birth, but the experiance would be all original. Thus, to be cloned would be to promote yourself as nature has you to do, only in a more dramatic (pure) way. I look forward to all thoughts on this subject.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins