Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
OK

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on October 24, 2002 19:09:34 UTC

Creation science is not falsifiable!! It is based on the absolute truth of God. I don't want creationism taught along side of evolution not because I think it is wrong, but because it is not science. Shall we teach the creationism students that this might all be wrong and God may not exist - of course not. But we should and I do teach the fact that evolution could be wrong and we must keep an open mind to other scientific alternatives. Whenever God is an option it immediately points to non-science - you certainly wouldn't want science weighing in on whether God exists or not. If you say creationism could be falsified then you are saying God may not exist. At least in the theory of evolution you could always begin your lecture with something like this.... a supreme being may have set these events into motion and started life on our planet to evolve in the turbulence of the earths environment. That is a way to get God into the classroom. But teaching that God created this that and the other in 7 days and 6,000 years ago and rose from the dead and all that jazz should not be in the classrooom.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins