Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Great Debate

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 26, 2002 13:02:00 UTC

As most of you probably know, I think god used evolution. The only alternative in my mind is that god evolved. There is evidence in the bible of an evolving god. It's a bit ambiguous as god could be static and just responding to the point in the evolution of civilization where humans happened to be. So it becomes a matter of preference. I kinda like the idea of an evolving god.

If god is everything, or something close to everything, then clearly god evolves as almost everything evolves. There may still be a static aspect to god along with an evolving part that includes us and the more enlightened beings that seem to have come from us.

The whole idea of spiritual progress and evolution of the soul is very appealing to me. On the other hand, a soul created at birth and destined to become static in heaven is rather unappealing.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins