Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sam And I Are Not In Agreement

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 23, 2002 15:48:20 UTC

Richard,

Sam seems to agree with Mario that the universe can now at least function, to some extent, without God. I would never hold that view.

***Besides being rather amused that these two are in agreement, it occurs to me that we have computer programs that can predict all these things from the initial conditions of the big bang. If a computer program can do it, why do we need god for gross motion.***

A computer program can predict the arrival time of my car once it reaches a particular destination as long as I obey certain simple rules. However, this is the key, I didn't get in the car and turn the key and then let the car go in a predictable fashion. I am still the driver making the decisions along the way. If a computer can calculate anything, it is only because I have chosen to drive in a predictable manner.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins