Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Try To Understand

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Pursel on October 20, 2002 14:31:49 UTC

I will address your last point first. Referencing a dictionary definition is only to make the point that that which I am arguing, reality is taught, comes from such places as dictionaries. I clearly said that the definition used in a dictionary "is merely a statement based on perceived wisdom". Dictionaries are complied by academics based on the common meanings of words. Thus academics have concluded reality is what exists or is real.

To be considered childish by an acedemic is an honour since it is acedemics that have foisted on to us the concept that reality is fact.

My equation is a word linkage that forms a closed circle of word meanings. It does not prove reality is fact or exists. It is a parody.

Einstein's famous equation E=MC2 explains energy and excludes time and space. He could not include things that do not exist. The common perception of reality includes time and space. Since these do not exist, then reality does not exists.

As well I try to follow Occam's Razor principle in maintaining a minimum number of assumptions to arrive at a conclusion.

In that regard the only assumption is that reality exists because we are told it exists. The first conclusion is that if we continue to believe that which we are told then reality exists. The second conclusion is that if we disbelive that which we are told then reality, as standardly defined, ceases to exist. Most people follow the first conclusion all there lives. A very few follow the second conclusion and are promptly marked as heretical by the very acedemics you seem to hold in esteem.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins