Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is This A Joke?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Shadows/">Shadows on February 23, 2000 00:28:43 UTC

Your arguments are preposterous! Let me show you how your agruing style can be used for many things….

Shadows: There is only one pro for the theory the earth is round: The earth seems to curve. But that pro is not very big! - It could have another reason. - It could be a measure error - Perhaps it’s not possible to measure that (the distance could confuse the information). - Perhaps it’s only a local curvature instead of a earth wide curve.

And there are many “logical” problem when you say the earth is round! The round theory says you can never reach the edge of the earth… that is ridiculous. What is below the ground? Why would people on other side not fall off? More questions than answers… not very smart!!!!

That could be the argument of a person who before it was proven the earth is round could have given, if they had the same mentality as you.

I VERY rarely attack a persons ideas or argument directly but your argument was laughable and pathetic in every respect.

OK I think I’ve proved my point.

: Beelzebub: : There is only one pro for the Big Bag: All known galaxies seem to drift away from each other. But that pro is not very big! : - It could be pure coincidence. : - It could have another reason. : - It’s could be a measure error. : - Perhaps it’s not possible to measure that (the long distance could blur the information). : - Perhaps it’s only a Local Bang instead of a Big Bang.

: And there are many “logical” problem when you say the Big Bang is true! The Big Bag theory gives a temporal and spatial border to the universe...that is ridiculous What was before? What is beyond? Where will it end? : More questions than answers...not very smart!!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins