Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That's Better.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on October 18, 2002 22:52:03 UTC

Me: "I Have Came To The Conclusion That we will know nothing until we know everything. And that nothing can know everything, with the exception of everything. Nothing is infinite, that is to say that everything is finite, with the exception of nothing, which may or may not be nothing. To all questions there is at least one exact answer, and for all answers there is at least one question."

That should help you.

"Do you believe that there is an absolute right and wrong?"

Yes, but we can only speculate on what that truth is. If there were no truth, than we could not possibly exist, but, as you can see, we exist... at least I do.

"...'I don't believe that, but who am I to judge his beliefs?'"

I think that if I did not want to discuss people's thoughts, I would not be here posting. If you meant judge a person by his/her beliefs, having less regards for a person's comments because of their personal beliefs, then disregard that statement. I am firmly against judging people by their descent/religious beliefs. I judge people by how they discuss the topic at-hand. For example: I had very litle respect for 'ibelieveingod' when he was an active poster, because he disregarded statements that others made, and refered to his own beliefs as truth, and anyone who did not agree with his views as ignorant.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins