Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Moral Truth.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on October 19, 2002 16:53:20 UTC

"I think that if I did not want to discuss people's thoughts, I would not be here posting."

Ok.

"Nothing is infinite, that is to say that everything is finite, with the exception of nothing, which may or may not be nothing."

God is not finite. I am not finite. My body is, but my soul is infinite. This is what I believe God meant when he said he made us in his image.

"Yes, but we can only speculate on what that truth is. If there were no truth, than we could not possibly exist, but, as you can see, we exist... at least I do."

So you agree with this in terms of morals? That there is a black and white, yes or no absolute truth for every situation? For example, is homosexuality wrong? Abortion (I know you think it is)? Our recents wars overseas? Stem-cell research?

"I am firmly against judging people by their descent/religious beliefs."

Of course this is not what I meant. That is racism.

Sam, KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins