Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Explain This:

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Chris Duncan on October 16, 2002 02:18:02 UTC

What came before God? Don't give me the creationsist psycobable bullshit of God "always being there"....that Language Removed won't work with me. We live in a linear universe, which means there is always a before and after.

God had to be created somehow. If you tell me that he was there for all of eternity, I will know that you have now idea of the significance of eternity...if time is eternal in both directions, it wouldn't matter how much time has passed between the beginning of mankind until its end...there will always be an eternity before and after(think about it)...

So, There are two possiblities: (1) The universe is linear(there is such a thing as time) and God had to have started somewhere(or we would have been created an infinite amount of years ago(remember, eternity before us)); or (2) time does not exist and everytime(past and future) is actually the present...That is the most likely, but it is too difficult to explain(But it would mean that even God has a beginning)...I want you to pick between the possibilities.

Chris

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins