Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Totality Of My Question Remains

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Chris Duncan on October 22, 2002 03:38:57 UTC

I assume you picked the first of the two choices...Einstein did not. From what I understand you saying, there are at least two dimensions to this one universe...we live in the one where there is time, and God lives in the one where time does not exist...I don't agree to that.

Time is relative to motion, not the other way around. Which would mean that time isn't constant. Which would mean that at a certain speed, time doesn't exist(to the person that is "standing still" relative to that speed). Which would mean that time doesn't exist at any speed, it is just our perseption of time that exists. Hence, it is easy to assume that all events, past and present, have already happened and haven't happend yet. This logic dictates that the universe is not linear.

Lets assume that God is eternal...no matter how long humanity's existence is, there is always an eternity before and after its existence. What did He do before and after our existance?

I can grasp your thoughts of the eternity of God's existence...what I can't grasp is the mathmatical possibility of God's eternity on some levels, yet on others, it seems perfectly feasable...

The only geometric shape that one would find synomymous with eternity is a circle...yet, when a circle is drawn, it has to start at some point.

When I say that the universe is not linear--that past, present, and future are all the same thing--I am saying that before the remotest past, a future extisted, which would mean that at each point in time relative to ours(and someplace relative to ours) the universe is being started over at the beginning of time...and God had to have started there.

Just some thoughs of mine.

Warm Regards,

Chris

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins