Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on October 15, 2002 20:55:02 UTC

Thank you. I asked for this, didn't I?

But I'm glad you posted these. The fact that you can post the number of species (not kind) in just four posts is actually very good. I'll show you what I mean.

"As you requested, here is a partial list of 7,000 species."

Only 7,000 species? Shouldn't there be a whole lot more than that? If there were two of every SPECIES, that would be 14,000 animals. But the Bible says kind, so there woulb be even less. But just to make you happy, I'll say 20,000 animals were on board the ark.

"The Ark measured 300x50x30 cubits (Genesis 6:15) which is about 140x23x13.5 metres or 459x75x44 feet, so its volume was 43,500 m3 (cubic metres) or 1.54 million cubic feet. To put this in perspective, this is the equivalent volume of 522 standard American railroad stock cars, each of which can hold 240 sheep."

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/Magazines/docs/cen_v19n2_animals_ark.asp

That means that the ark could hold 125280 sheep. Only 11% of the animals on the ark where bigger than a sheep. That means 89% were the same size as, or smaller than a sheep. But for your benefit, I'll say that all the animals are the size of a sheep. As your post showed, only 14,000 individual animals would have to be on board. But I will say 20,000. So that means there would be room for 100,000 more animals. Plenty of room for food, humans, and room for movement. And I'm not even factoring the kind-adaption into this.

The ark was plenty big. There was room for the animals, humans, and food.

Sam, KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins