Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Typo Insertion Software Has Apparently Been Upgraded!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on October 13, 2002 06:21:48 UTC

I am very impressed! Until now, I have never been able to get those typos into my work at such a high rate.
For a few years, I edited and co-edited an Air Force base newspaper
-- without benefit of a spell-checker. We only had IBM Selectric typewriters. So, we could not fix typing errors so easily. I watched my work carefully as I went so that I could back space
to the error and correct it. It would not work as well if one had already hit "return."
I think I have retained this habit of carefully watching my words as I typed them. I believe I sent the post just before this one with virtually no typing errors. When it posted a few seconds later, it was a version with many funny typos in it.

I admit I have let a few hundred slip by in 2200 posts to this forum. Yet it occasionally seems someone has rewritten a post to add typos.
It could be a kind of "jobs program" by the "Office of the Handicapper General" which Kurt Vonnegut told us about
and the anonymous person I think is most likely to be the culprit is....(to be continued)

Aurino told you I am sick. Most likely, I am just tired.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins