Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here Is The Point

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ivan on October 7, 2002 20:22:04 UTC

[QUOTE]
Each of these countries has one thing in common...Muslim...Whether Sunni or Shia or Shiite...they are all Muslim...that is my point...
[/QUOTE]
Sunni and Shia beliefs are totally different from that of Muslims. In fact, Sunni and Shia fundamentally have more in common with Christians than Muslims. For example, they too believe that Christ will return to save them and in the intercessional role of the clergy. Did you check the link in my earlier reply so that you can better answer me? True Islam from the Quran alone is based on natural law and is closer to Diesm.

[QUOTE]
How many Lutherans or Baptist or Episcipalian countries do that ****? Christianity doesn't do that...
[/QUOTE]
Freedom, civilization, and democracy only took hold in Europe after they separated the state from the shackles of the church and its bible. Please see the history of medieval Europe to learn about what happens when Christianity is in power.

Freedom, civilization, and democracy will take hold in their countries too, if Sunni and Shia give up the shackles of their clergy and Hadith and adopt natural law. This is what happened early in the history of our country. The framers of the constitution made this country a natural law based country NOT a Christian country. Please remember that Thomas Jefferson was NOT a Christian.

[QUOTE]
Score for me!
[/QUOTE]
I am not keeping score because it doesn’t matter who wins as long as a discussion is constructive. When we get closer to the truth then we all win.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins