Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Building On My Previous Post...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Mark on October 6, 2002 20:39:11 UTC

Was the very first computer ever built a super fast, 15 GHz of hard drive memory space, pentium 4 processor, audio/video supporting, 40 megs of RAM, flat plasma screen, awesome capability computer...

...or a clunky, take up a whole room, cost thousands of dollars, outdated vacuum tube technology, take two hours to perform simple arithmetic, get hot and easily burn out parts, super inefficient, better off used as a door stop?

Look what technological evolution has brought us through the gradual accumulation of trials and errors, mistakes and improvements. The descendants of that first computer are truly impressive; I can't wait to see what evolution comes up with next.

On the same token...

Do you believe one of the first organisms to appear on Earth were the highly sophisticated, super intelligent, able to split atoms, perform higher mathematics, run governments, explore space, awesome computer building human beings we see all around us today...? Do you believe the human being was made in a week? (Creationists beliefs)

One last thing: if the Earth were 6000 years old, and God planted all around us misleading evidence to suggest the Earth is actually older than it is (namely geological evidence pertaining to half lives of radioactive elements, Uranium's half life being close to approx. 3.8-billion years I believe)...
...then who's to say that the Earth wasn't created 19 years ago (19 being how old I am) and use the same argument. All the history books, people of ages 20 and older, dinosaur bones, petrified trees, radioactive decay byproducts, etc., could have been placed here 19 years ago just to fool us teenagers into believing that the Earth is truly older than 19 years.

How silly does that sound? Everything on Earth today was planted here 19 years ago just to fool me. I guess a proponent for creationism is somewhat of a solipsist as well?...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins