Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ouch!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Chris Duncan on October 2, 2002 21:12:56 UTC

Yourself and Harv have been tearing into those boys like a monkey into a cupcake...I like it.

I can remember the first time I posted something that I had read(being naive, I believed it) that was inaccurate/incorrect. I don't remember what it was about, but I do remember the hell you gave me until I came to my senses.

Those two boys are holding out alot longer than I did, but I bet you will either crack them or they will stop coming to this forum.

I would like to thank you for helping me, as they say, "see the light". Now I only post theories or assumptions that I truly believe to be correct, and I don't go on like they have with all the evidence that you have presented them.

The only(I mean only) argument that could be relevent(which is not, most likely) to their cause that I could put forward is a question:

How is it that for the amount of time before the meteor crashed in the earth, sentient life didn't arise, but in the last 65 million years it has?

First, I want to say that I don't know how long ago life started(before the meteor), so 65 million years could be vastly longer amount of time for live to evolve than before the meteor hit.

Second, this question was one of my own that was bothering me. Come to think of it, these guys are very strict creationists, aren't they? Dinasaurs didn't exist 65 million years ago(obvious sarcasm).

Last, and most importantly, I would like to ask this: If humans were created at the beginning, the question isn't about dating the dinosaurs, it is about asking "Why didn't the Bible or any religious text mention these 10 story tall monstors"?

Warm Regards,

Chris

P.S. Mike, you once noted that I have never put a long post up...is this one long enough? I have done my best :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins