Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Liars

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on October 2, 2002 16:01:25 UTC

Sam wrote:
"I just want to correct you on something."

Well, correct me if I'm wrong on this...but
an example of an exception to an overwhelming trend (lions eat meat) does not "correct" what
I wrote.

Sam wrote:
"There was a lion born earlier this century that did not eat a single scrap of meat. As a baby, when drops of blood were added to the milk to wean her, she would not touch it. Even one drop she would not touch. She never ate any meat the rest of her life, and yet she was in great physical condition."

Fine...please cite your source. Please know I am not demanding a source, but these things have a way of sneaking over on us when the story is
lost in obscurity.
If you find this example is IMPORTANT to support your creationist line, then maybe you will post its source to support your statement. I suspect you will find it UNIMPORTANT to this dialogue,
as it corrects NOTHING and DISPROVES or PROVES NOTHING and that you will assume it is unnecessary to cite a source.

If a lion lived all its life without eating meat, it is almost certainly due to a chemical condition where meat did not appeal to it.
Please tell us the story of its lifetime of eating tofu... or whatever! :)

If you are instead saying it was a miracle or that the lion was especially holy, you should post more evidence than its vegetarianism. I respect vegetarianism, but also note there have been a few BAD folks who were vegetarians, as well as good ones.

If there was a lion that did not eat meat in our century, what are the chances that was the first one? If you are making the case there was a mutation due to manmade environmental chemicals,
that is a case for evolution.
Very possibly, there have been such lions
periodically since ancient prehistory, and that each one is NO HARBINGER and NO MIRACLE.

Sam wrote:
"There are other reports of things like this happening. Interesting, huh?"

Yes, but it does not support creationism.

Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins