Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Well, Sam, You Somewhat Bring This Upon Yourself

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 3, 2002 19:55:39 UTC

When someone boldly goes into a forum cite who knows relatively little about science, spouts a bunch half-truths (at best), references more half-truths (I'm kind in saying some truth), and in no uncertain terms hurls insults toward thousands of scientists worldwide by basically labeling them idiots and morons in their professional judgements, then it doesn't surprise me that you acquire a nasty label. It is fine to share your Christian views in relation to science, but when you do so ignorantly and with a smug attitude, you should expect these kind of reactions. As Mike said to Aaron, you should consider yourself lucky if this is the extent of the replies. Had Alexander been here (a longtime atheist physicist who left a few months ago), then I fear that you would have been insulted in ways that you cannot imagine. I can imagine Alex saying that 5 year old children in Russia know more about science, etc. Perhaps that would make an interesting post (Alex's reply to creationists). His posts were always entertaining.

Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins