Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Fossils Aren't A Problem. Light Slowing Down.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on September 30, 2002 21:14:28 UTC

"fossils already in the ground in the various aged layers."

The fact is that the geo table doesn't exist anywhere in the world. Thus one can't rely on it for dating. Also we don't know the rate in the past for the laying of dirt. If a flood happened than a massive amount of dirt could be laided down. Yes it would look exactly like it does now, just take different substances mix them in water and they will end up in different layers.

"commandment to celebrate that creation, a commandment stated by god to be celebrated by all people for all time."

If you mean the Sabbath, then Jesus said he was the Lord of the Sabbath and declared that every day is equal to the other. So all the time we should strive toward perfection.

"...god wants us to investigate the earth and the universe in a rational scientific manner in order to have a better understanding of his/her creation."

Why did you say she? God clearly states the He is a He.

"Nonetheless, young earth creationists still have the problem of explaining how astronomers can detect light that is 100,000ds, millions and billions of years old when they believe that the universe did not even exist then."

That is the funny thing isn't it, finding stars older than the universe, and we should rely on the system that gives you those answers? Also they don't know that it is that old, that is what they think. The burden of proof is on both of us, the creationists to prove the light is 6,000 years old and evolutionists to prove it is billions of years old.

"most stupid early jewish thinking of creation"

Why call it stupid? Clearly if you compare it with current theories it is the closest out of all the ancient world. If one looks at history science has always been moving closer to the Biblical Creation Story. Unless you count evolution, which I don't count as science since it can't be observed or repeated, but maybe you have a different deffinition than I do.

Also what do you think about my idea that light slows down as it goes through space? I not sure if it just ages or if it is effected by gravity as it passes through space.

-Aaron

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins