Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Math?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on September 20, 2002 14:59:21 UTC

Luis, you've confused math with human interpretation. We interpret the meaning of sentences. The math is used to show that our interpretation is sensible, if we accept the premises of our interpretation.

I interpret the use of the ground as fair game. I still think it is fair game. When I take two toothpicks and pitch them together as so: /\ , I see a triangle if those toothpicks are on the ground. That means I have formed a triangle with the toothpicks( /_\).

I see nothing wrong in this creative solution. I think the problem is that you restrict your creative answers to problems.

You really should have disputed the ground thing a while back. As I said, you knew I was using the ground to complete my triangle, and therefore you should have spoken up then. Now is too late. It appears now you are just having a hard week at work and are giving me a hard time. Did your dog (that you kick) run away or something?

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins