Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Vote For That One.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 19, 2002 16:41:18 UTC

But he started Christianity and gave up on Judaism. I think it's high time to recombine them. Then we can go on the recombine with Islam and finally all eastern religions. We start by teaching the modern form of Judaism which is consistent with scientific thought as found in Reform Judaism, the mainstream branch of Judaism. I'll be doing that part on this forum. Others will contribute to other forums. Of course back in the time of Constantine, I would be killed for saying that. The punishment for teaching Torah was death.

In the recombination process, let's just keep the best parts of each, like the law of the spirit, and drop the vulgar or inconsistent parts. But I prefer to concentrate on what Jesus said about the law of the spirit.

You see up until that time, Jews were only held accountable for acts including all that was said. They were able to think anything they wanted. They were free-thinkers- still are. Jews are the freeeeeist thinkers that I know of. They enforce the right to complain as well, a foundamental American freedom.

But Jesus changed all that when he said that you have committed adultery with a woman if you lust after her in your mind.

Now for the first time, thinking became subject to the law. It was a perfect vehicle for crowd control, as Constantine demonstrated.
--------

Jews even have a prayer for doubt. Doubt is a good thing in Judaism, but not Christianity.

So in conclusion, various religions can be judged by how many freedoms they allow. Since God gave us free will, it is to be presumed that we should maximize the number of freedoms, and the jewish religion does that more than any other. As such it is a perfect match for science and the scientist.

With respect,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins