Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ah Reckon

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on September 18, 2002 02:56:47 UTC

"Was there ever a beginning to our universe (Before the big bang, before the singularities)
where there was absolutally nothing? Nothing at all? If not, how is this possible?"

I think that some basic fundamental principles are neccesary for the universe to exist; that is, I doubt that there ever was a point where there literally was no substance whatsoever, be it in the form of matter, energy, or simply mathematical laws. It's not truly fair to say that the big bang was the beginning of time and the cosmos, it may have been a local incident, it may have been caused by a previous chain reaction. Similarly, the big bang could have been the beginning of physical reality and causality, but I would argue that the basic mathematical groundwork for the universe must always have existed (Harv's divine order) in order for physical existence to..... exist.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins