Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Riiight

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on September 15, 2002 03:30:39 UTC

"He is also the most Loving and Merciful in history"

Oh, is that right? Kind of the same way Stalin was loving and merciful to those who licked his boots while all those who disagreed with him wound up in the Gulag? Want me to go dig up some good old fashioned genocidal Biblical atrocities again?

"...and the only one to actually exist."

Wait a minute..... you're saying.... that the Christian god..... actually exists??? Gawrsh man, I had no idea you believed that all along. You've convinced me, I'm converting today! Praise da Lawd and pass da cone bread!

:)

"Funny how you quote God to support your idea that you don't need him to have a moral compass."

I was demonstrating that morality needs no theistic foundation. "Do unto others as you would have done unto you" does not need the phrase "because God said so" tacked onto it. I view it as a fundamental human dignity.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins