Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hmm...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on September 12, 2002 14:43:50 UTC

Richard,

I think speculation is fun. But, just for the record, I'd like to clarify a few points with you:

***According to GUT theory they have no inherent motion, which means that they are at absolute zero.***

Well, there is no satisfactory GUT theory. There are many models, though. Supersymmetry models are perhaps the best GUT potentials, in my view, but so far no supersymmetric partner has been observed in nature (work is still on going). I've heard of hypothetical axions as dark matter candidates (not the same as 'axions' in the brain which have molecular properties).

The problem is, these potential dark matter axions have not been dedected because they have at best a very weak interaction with EM, and therefore I don't see how they could act as a processing source inside dendrites in the brain. They are supposed to form in very hot places (e.g., stars, big bang), but I haven't heard of them as making up the chemistry of life. Also, I haven't heard of any comparisons of these hypothetical axions to BEC matter. Is there a published relationship or is this a speculation on your part?

***The axion theory, which you seem to have missed in my previous posts, is admittedly far-fetched, but then so is the sheer existence of dark matter.***

There is nothing wrong with speculation as long as we know that we are speculating. I just want to understand your ideas so that I can understand what you have in mind.

Thanks, Richard.

Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins