Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Translation Of Your Response

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Whittier on September 7, 2002 04:18:26 UTC

Hi, Kyle
Here's what you said, dumbed down to my level:

"I have a notion about how minds work.
First we have imagination. Then we check our work.
What a trip!
Einstein asked that his brain not be dissected, but they did anyway. His brain had wiring that
helps explain his thinking ability.

I think your vision, Mike, is about your own brain or a general brain. I think you do not realize it, but you were thinking about yourself and your symbols have some universality.
Your own personality is the subject of your
'vision.' Because you are bilaterally symmetrical, you chose a lot of "two's" in your symbolism. It was all about what you are or wish you were-- especially your brain. The hemispheres of your brain long for self-recognition from one another. When you visualized the Earth, you were still thinking about yourself and what you wish you were."

Kyle, the dials were really dials. The longing for competence among my fellow humans is not self-adoration but a recognition of the pickle we're in. Folks don't seem to comprehend what truly causes things, but they throw their weight around a lot. If you remember, the completion of a wave of great cathedrals in Europe was followed by centuries of great plagues that wiped out roughly half the population...wasn't it several times? In fact, the two-- cathedrals and plague-- might not have been completely unrelated.

I wasn't talking voodoo. I was talking science.
Serenely for now,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins