Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good And Bad Points.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on September 3, 2002 01:51:49 UTC

Okay you got me on that infidel thingy.

1 for you 0 for me.

"Of course not. But if you were to bring evidence against evolution, and I said that since I didn't understand it too well I didn't need to reply, you'd be all over me and with good reason. Do a little research."

Yeah I should, your right.

2 for you 0 for me.

"I believe Rich challenged you to debate with him on geology, and you backed out. I can try and look for it if you like, but don't you remember that?"

I remember saying "Well, I don't know a whole lot about geology" I don't remeber saying "so I don't have to answer any geological inconsistencies in my belief"

2.5 for you .25 for me.

"You should be open minded to the extent that you shouldn't have a knee-jerk reaction towards any ideology."

Okay this is my fault competly. That is my thinking about what being opened minded is my knee jerk closed minded reaction is to things like "hate jews." I'm sorry it is obvious to me that I stated my opion incorrectly.

3.5 for you .25 for me.

"Power corrupts (and I find your spelling of "denomination" as "domination" to be an amusing Freudian slip) and I expect that if your faith ever got into its hands as much power as the Catholic church had in the middle ages, you and your fellow folks would be a bit less lovey dovey and charming than you are now."

I can't spell. Anywho...

What I said right after what you refer to: That is unless somebody comes along and corrupts my faith just like the did Catholism. So didn't I already adress this?

3.5 for you 1.25 for me.

"Then why are we even arguing? If, in the end, you can just say "I have faith" to any problem, what good is evidence to you?"

I don't do it to every problem. I if did I would still be an evolutionist and beleive the universe is billions of years old. I really can't say you are right because my faith says your wrong and I think that Eienstien was wrong in the first place about the speed of light. Sometimes I can't give a reason except my faith it isn't scientific I admit that.

4 for you 2 for me.

What makes you say so? They are held in orbit, just like the moons of any other planet. Plus, Saturn is collecting other dust and debris that passes by.

Actually they are slowly distergrating. I'll see if I can find you that article tommarow since I Have to get off soon.

4 for you 2 for me.

"What is preventing them from spinning backwards? Why can't they? It's just the direction its collecting particles spun in when the planet was first forming. I know of no principle that disallows retrograde spin."

As matter clumps together they would keep spining the same way. No matter how many times. Almost everything in the universe but 2 planets 11 moons and certain odd types of particle rotate the same way. Unless they were created this way except for the particles how can they be this way?

4 for you 3 for me.

"Because it frequently boils down to that. You come on strong, but once the argument gets down to the nitty gritty you fall back on just saying "God did it" or abandoning the conversation."

Ummm whats wrong with saying God did it when I think that God did it and I have evidence to back it up. Sometimes I will it admit that I can't refute something you have said and I swear that I will say this when it comes up. Hold me to that promise.

4 for you 3.5 for me.

You win this round, but next time it will be different!

God Bless,
-Aaron

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins