Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You're Starting To Sound Like Aaron In His "LISTEN TO ME!" Post.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott on September 1, 2002 20:36:22 UTC

Mike, up to a point, I had been enjoying our conversation and fair exchange of ideas. But I sense that you're getting frustrated. I'm not sure if it's because you're having trouble countering my level headed opinions (perhaps because you've been twisting my words and basing your arguments on assertions that I've never made or even considered), but you're now bordering on irrational.

Let's calm down and come back down to Earth, shall we?

QUOTE:
-------------
Scott, You Are Anonymous And Presumptuous

You could be just some chump with a church office or some guy in a cabin in Montana...

State your qualifications in history.
-------------

I've told you at least once that my name is Scott Hughes. And I've probably been more open about myself than most people here--perhaps a bit too open. I have made no claim to be an *expert* in science, history, or theology, but I assure you that I'm very well educated and well versed enough to form logical opinions and carry on a reasonable conversation on these topics. You call me presumptuous, when I have made no presumptions about you or your level of education, as you seem to be presuming about mine. Up until this thread, I have been nothing but patient, reasonable, and polite. I have NO religious or political agenda. I have not told anyone that the have to believe God or have any faith for that matter--or that if you don't you're going to go to hell (if fact, I've pretty well argued the opposite). My argument has been only for all sides (scientists and theologians, alike) to be open minded and utilize a little common-sense. In other words, let's all take off our blinders and turn
down the arrogance knob just a little bit.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins