Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So Will The Plagiarist

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Pearson on August 29, 2002 22:33:30 UTC

Although the Bible does not, you also tell jokes!

Meanwhile, you and Yanniru are both saying
the Bible anticipated Darwin. Kinda sketchy...

I guess you and Yanniru can also find the hints about how to build
transistors, solid state circuitry, microchips and
molecular machines in the Bible too...eh?

I wrote a science fiction novel where folks have to face God whether they are "killers" or not.

It's funny you should mention it -- certainly you know the secular legal system is the one that outlaws killing people. The Bible seems to condone it, and so does the Bhagavad Gita etc.
And certainly, animals, plants and microbes seem fair game.

I think it is funny you think a "killer" will some day have to "face God" after all these millenia where only secular law forbids killing humans... except in legal war or legal self defense, of course. For it appears that most references to "God" had been, before you used the term, references to the condoner of killing.
Jesus certainly seemed to be an exception, but
what church authorities really followed him for most of the past 2,000 years?

I can see you're beginning to think about these matters. That's good...unless you screw it up like 100,000 other church thinkers have.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins