Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Do You Think Of This?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Pearson on August 25, 2002 19:44:26 UTC

Aaron wrote:
"I like the Bushes plan."

I don't know exactly what their plan is.
What is their plan? Exactly HOW would they
carry out this harvest? To me, exactly how they will behave if you let them in it is more important than opening or shutting the door.
And although the following guidelines are important
Having SOME dead wood is important to the health of forest ecosystems and some of the thinner forest soils depend on the decomposing organic matter for mulch, habitat, and even water conservation. Even twigs are important for perches. Watershed protection and water quality depend on excellent procedures if harvesting.
I would like competent environmentalists to witness and report on the process.
The timber companies, if we let them in, should not "clean it all up!" A clean forest floor is not necesssarily a healthy forest floor, as they are well aware. It's you, Aaron, I'm telling in case it's news. It's better if they leave a lot of standing snags and organic matter.
I hope I can have someplace better to live if they do make some more wood.
I wish the "competent environmentalists"
would answer my question. Polarized politics has a side effect that some questions can't seem to find answers that sound approximately truthful to persons of good faith on both sides of the fence.
Thanks And Back Atcha,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins