Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Is Government? Not The Arm

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on August 29, 2002 04:31:05 UTC

Hi Aaron,
I am still looking for a scientific technical discussion of that question. You do not have to pose...it's casual. We can even eat at this table. If that is your final answer to the question, that's case one.
If you are just chatting, that's case two.
Modelling what I am seeking:

Quantify by estimates:
a) Forest fires before an aggressive firebreak harvesting program
b) Forest fires after that program
c) oxygen consumption by a)
d) oxygen consumption by b)
e) effect of c) on atmospheric ozone
f) effect of d) on atmospheric ozone
g) effect of a) on number of mature trees
(and extent of healthy forest ecosystems)
h) effect of b) on number of mature trees
(and extent of healthy forest ecosystems)

Government, btw, is defined in the dictionary
and it is not "the arm."

Yes, public land is ours, but if you or I go live in a cabin in the national forest, we can be evicted for the same reason you mentioned. The government IS the people, as you say. That is why I rather huffily said you should not tell me the government does not own the national forest. If I am to be corrected, it should be about something about which I am not obviously correct. Of course, some will suggest everything I say is obviously correct...that's why they didn't bother to say it! Problem is, sometimes I'm joking!
Same,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins