Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Amazement

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on August 18, 2002 02:48:27 UTC

Hi Luis,

>>>"Again, just a cheap laugh, but the connection itself isn’t absolutely out of the question. Think about it:... A joke, but not as far-fetched as you seem to think."

Yes, after thinking about it, I can see the connection. Since Dick's model applies to any conceivable communicable universe, it would apply to a VR universe as well.

>>>"I'm amazed some folks around here still regard Staf’s work as something new."

You're probably amazed because you don't see or understand what is new about it. If you did, you would probably be amazed at what he has discovered. What I believe he has discovered is the answer to a question posed by Einstein which I can't quote exactly but it goes something like, What, if anything, can we discover about our universe by pure thought alone? I believe this is the same as one on Hilbert's list of questions (I think it is number 10 but I'm not sure), and I believe Dick has answered the question. I also believe this is something new - amazing as it seems.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins