Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I've Pointed Out That You Are Cluless..

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bruce on August 14, 2002 19:27:56 UTC

wrt just about everything you've said wrt how time is modeled in relativity.

This is what you said to Aurino:

"Physicists: Clocks measure time!

Dick: Clocks measure time in their own rest frame only!

Physicists do not disagree with me, they simply think it is unnecessary to add that phrase: they take it as
understood and not worth mentioning. In fact they tend to resent having the issue pointed out."

This is what I said to you:

"Clocks measure time intervals whether at rest, in uniform motion, or accelerated."

If you need an example I'll show you how to derive (from the Schwarzchild metric) the formula

dt(satellite)/dt(Earth)

used for our very successful GPS system.

I doubt you spend much time talking to physicists since they invariably point out you are a delusional crackpot who obviously doesn't understand what you are complaining about.

BTW_I probably did the GPS thing in this forum somewhwere. Also BTW_ How about answering the query I made "There are several interesting experiments slated for testing predictions made by GR.
Gravitational waves, gravitomagnetism (frame dragging), and measuring the speed gravity propagates.
Doctordick-What does your model say wrt these phenomena predicted by GR?"

The reason I ask this is because Aurino seems to think your model is isomorphic whith relativity while I suspect you'll never answer such a query because invariably 'crackpot' theories never make any predictions which can be falsified experimentally.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins