Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sidenote

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on August 14, 2002 13:57:06 UTC

Dick,

I just thought I'd keep this separate:

" For some strange reason, I woke up early this morning so I took a look at the forum. "

So did I, but for a specific reason: my head was full of ideas. I'm very curious as to whether they can be communicated or not, they make so much sense to me!

" Both you and Paul seem to think these people can be reached. I personally doubt it very much. "

I think what Paul and I think is that if the ideas in your paper cannot be communicated then nobody, not even yourself, should bother. Whether "these people" can be reached, that's really up to them, all I know is that your ideas seem extremely solid but your presentation makes too many demands on the reader, and that is a problem that can be solved.

" In particular, I notice that cosmologists absolutely refuse to even consider the impact of electromagnetic effects on their theories in spite of the fact ... "

That's because cosmologists are not rational people. Anyone with an ounce of a brain wouldn't waste time answering unanswerable questions.

" Look at http://www.electric-universe.org/ ! Read some of that stuff and explain to me why no one takes their premises seriously "

See above.

" I think I understand why no one takes my premises seriously - because to do so would require them to think and that's something people do not like to do! "

I take your premises seriously, exactly because they require me to think, and thinking is one of things I enjoy doing the most. There are lots of people like me, some here on the forum, some out there. Just don't expect to find love in the wrong places!

Have fun,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins